Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Freshman Year in the THS Band! - 1st Football Game

Okay, so I haven't been writing blogs lately but band honestly always makes my day better and it's the best part of the day. We have a football game to perform at this Friday and I'm insanely excited and kind of nervous. I'm not totally nervous because I think I know what I'm suppose to be doing, so there won't be much problems. What I'm bummed about is that we don't have the drill down for the songs Midnight Special and Hey Pachuco for the half time show at the football game, so we're just going to stand and then scatter and then get into some form of an arch. We kind of did crappy today. I don't know how people feel about this Friday, I know with all the excitement or being nervous and etc. and then letting that energy out during our time, we can pull it off. I just know we will do good even though we don't have everything down. I've noticed that whenever we're marching or just playing I don't think about anything but marching. I tested myself tonight, and I just blocked everything out of my head and focused on what I was doing at the present time. Marching is like a stress reliever and worry blocker to me, and I'm so glad to be in the Torrington High School Marching Band. I know I've said that like a million times before, but it's the truth. I'm stoked for Friday, what else could I possibly say? OH, and we have a few parades coming up! I'm really nervous for those. I'm worried if I'm not in step or my flute angle is horrible or I'm not align with everyone. Pressure is put on you because you know there's going to be a lot of people watching you and everywhere we go, somebody has seen us for the first time. First impressions are deadly and everyone will be watching what we do. It's nerve wrecking. And I'm actually more nervous than excited for marching. Especially how I'm up front and towards the center of the front line and our shiny flutes will draw attention. I don't think we'll do horrible at all, I think we'll do great in my opinion. And like Mr. S said, if we don't win anything then that's our fault because we were too busy talking or not paying attention and we deserve it. Mr. S actually gives the best pep talks ever, in my opinion. Every time he talks, I just have to improve on what I'm doing and so does everyone else. I don't get how you cannot be proud of being a part of this band. If I could be in this band, the Torrington High School Marching Band, for the rest of my life and with the people in it now. I'd definitely do it.

No comments: